Hackers are benefiting the most from the COVID-19 epidemic that threatens all of humanity globally. Especially for users, in particular Turkey, fears, hope and support for the latest tactics of hackers conducting phishing attacks with Turkish content, including posts, the pandemic is receiving support by distributing thousands of pounds under your name.
Health Minister Dr. Noting that Internet users have been trapped with Turkish content indicating that the government has distributed unrealistic support packages for the pandemic using Fahrettin Koca’s image, Evmez invites Turkish Internet users to be careful against this type of phishing known as Turkey Dog.
3,000 TL LIE OF SUPPORTING PANDEM
According to the news in Hürriyet, hackers taking advantage of the fear created by the COVID-19 epidemic around the world with various attack techniques are not stopping. The starting point for hackers, who recently carried out phishing attacks against Turkish users with the request for bogus vaccines, is support for the pandemic. The hackers, who appeared to users with messages in Turkish, said: “Last phase support for the pandemic! Pandemic support worth 3,000 TL for all who apply, download the application now and complete the application. “It seems that it uses emails. Noting that there is a fraud script in the background of such content, Yusuf Evmez emphasizes that the Trojan virus has settled on the computers and phones of users who click the link, and that in this way, hackers can easily access all personal data.
There is no way that hackers who want to hunt down Turkish users more easily won’t show up. In particular, Health Minister Dr. Hackers, who also prepared content using Fahrettin Koca’s photo, have placed various infected apk files on many sites. Recalling that Turkey Dog activity was found on many sites under the name “edestek.apk” in the investigations, Evmez states that it does not click on any links that the authorities have not advertised or directed, and does not rely on such advertisements in sites is the most important step for cyber security.
5 STEP PROTECTION
Noting the increasing cyber attacks associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, Evmez states that the following steps should be taken to not bypass cyber security:
1. Don’t be fooled by official logos. The presence of official logos in the content you find does not mean that the email address is legitimate. Do not click on such content without serious research.
2. Check the accuracy of the documents. Just because a file sent to you looks like a PDF or an official document does not mean that it actually comes from an official institution.
3. If you don’t know the source, don’t click. Even if the email asks you to reply to the message only, don’t reply if you don’t know the person. If the offer is too good to be true and the reward it offers you is significantly greater than your effort, it is definitely a phishing email.
4. Consult official sources. Try to have information from multiple official sources and verify the information by entering the official website of the institutions.
5. Get real cybersecurity protection. If you want to protect yourself from these types of attacks, use a security solution that can protect you from phishing, scams, and malware on all your devices. So you can focus on what is most important to you, keeping your family safe.